[projectaon] Re: Can I translate a Lone Wolf DS game?

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:09:35 +0000

Hi, From a technical point of view, I'll defer to Fred (the author) to respond.
From a legal point of view, it is slightly dodgy ground. Lone Wolf is still
published in some territories & lanuguages and/or rights owned by
publishing/distribution houses. The AON license only covers the languages &
versions we host online, AND insists that all distribution is from the central
source - Project AON. If it is for your own use, theoretically you can
translate it for your own purposes.  If you plan any kind of distribution, you
would need to check any issues with regards to rights with the copyright holder
first. James.