[projectaon] Re: Birthday!

  • From: McSwain LeRoy <simonaamanarfan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:57:29 -0500

fellow kai lords,

i don't remember this logo either.  that must have been before my lurking days
at project aon.  i'd like to reiterate my thankfulness to  everyone involved in
this project.  i am deeply honoured to have been a part of it for a couple of
years.
in the spirit of geekery, i also want to point out that 'all your base are
belong to us' actually preceded pa.  i think that particular affront by sega of
america was foisted upon the u.s.a. in 1991.

leroy

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:56:15 -0800
> Subject: [projectaon] Re: Birthday!
> From: blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx
> To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Ingo Kloecker
> <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 December 2009, OToole, L wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> It's 3 Dec 2009 (at least here in the UK). Does that mean Project Aon
> >> is 10 years old today?
> >
> > Time for some nostalgia: Here's the first version of the website
> > archived by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (archive.org):
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20000816151419/www.crosswinds.net/~projectaon/
> >
> > Who still remembers the logo used back then? :-)
>
> *raises hand* :)
>
> On this auspicious occasion, I feel like I should say something
> profound, but I just look back over the ups and downs and feel
> grateful that we've had this chance to work together and give back to
> something that gave so much to us. We make quite a group.
>
> And 10 years is an eternity on the Internet. Project Aon predates
> YouTube, All your base..., Facebook, Second Life, lolcat, Myspace,
> Badger Badger Badger, Creative Commons, Charlie Bit My Finger, 4chan,
> Wikipedia, and (just barely) Homestarrunner.com. The publicly
> available World Wide Web has seen more days with Project Aon than
> without. It takes dedication to stick with it this long.
>
> I'm also grateful that on the occasion of our 10th anniversary, the
> end of our primary task is in sight. Just eight more books. We should
> finish sometime before our 20th anniversary. ;)
>
> --
> Jon
>
> ~~~~~~

無料で使える25GB。USBメモリの代わりに、Webに保存