[projectaon] Re: Armor Chart and Bronin Vest in the Topical Guide

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: planesjay@xxxxxxxxx, projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:58:35 +0000

On 04/12/2013 03:33, pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form
    From: Falling Snow
    Date: 03:33:22 on Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Subject: Armor Chart and Bronin Vest in the Topical Guide

The Armor chart in the Topical Guide (under Armor) contradicts at least one of
the
other entries for individual armor.

According to the grid chart, it's okay to wear a Padded Leather Waistcoat, a
Chainmail Waistcoat, the Kagonite Chainmail, the Bronin Vest, and the Silver
Bracers
all at the same time, as long as you don't double up on one of the Waistcoats.

Reading forward to the entry on the Bronin Vest, however, reveals that you can't
wear it with a Chainmail Waistcoat.  Can we please get a ruling on what you can
and
can't wear together?

Hi Falling Snow

Thanks for pointing this inconsistency out. It should be fixed now.

To answer your query, the entry under Armour is currently incorrect as it has been superseded by more recent comments. According to the errata for Section 159 in The Masters of Darkness, we have made the following change:

"Added ‘It may be worn with a Padded Leather Waistcoat, but not with a Chainmail Waistcoat.’ in harmony with the recent Mongoose Publishing edition."

The rules changes in the Mongoose Publishing editions were made under Joe Dever's direction, so it is appropriate that we go implement those in our editions wherever possible.

We're glad to have cleared this up! If you spot any other problems, please contact us and we'll look in to it as well.

For Sommerlund and the Kai!