[projectaon] Re: 03tcok Section 1

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 09:16:04 -0700

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:44 AM, John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For my part, I'm loath to change an author's wording except in the case of a
> clear spelling, grammatical or clarity error.  It's my belief that Project
> Aon exists to present the (older) Joe Dever books to the public, not to
> rewrite them.  Any rule changes or suggestions should be labelled as
> optional, with the original wording and phrasing presented as much as
> possible.  Hell, it's possible that the "from the west" direction was a
> deliberate, subtle clue that all was not right with this mission and that
> the player should be on guard because Vonotar was aware Lone Wolf was coming
> and was taking action against him.  I suppose, I'd just feel a little more
> comfortable with Dever explicit approval of these changes.  Of course, if
> such approval has already been given, then I'd be fine with changing "from
> the west" to "from the east."

I understand your reluctance. Way back in the day, I asked Joe how
involved he wanted to be with giving feedback. His basic message was
"run with it" which I have taken to mean "I'm trusting Project Aon
with my books, but I cannot be heavily involved in the day-to-day
decision making." I think this change is innocuous enough and falls
under the category of clarity errors.