[project1dev] Re: Street Fighter 4 finals right now!

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 03:36:56 -0700

heh, way to stroke my ego there Eric, thank you :D  But yeah, I love
fighting games, especially when I can find someone that is really
skilled to learn from.  There is a dynamic there, where you see
someone play at a high level, and then realize how you can do that,
and then you think "what can I add to that, that I already know how to
do?"

but yeah it does take time and practice.  When I was younger, like
10-13 yrs old, I spent a lot of time at the arcade and didn't have
many quarters so I had to make them last somehow.

I am 45 mins away from an arcade in socal where really great players
gather and just watching them for an hour will give you so much
insight.  Some people are like, I don't want to copy their play style,
but then what if you add what they have to what you know?  I think
that's where the best players get their game from.