[project1dev] Editor upgrades comin

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:08:49 -0800

I'm workin on something pretty cool for the editor that i think you guys
will really, really dig!

There's this UI (user interface) library called wxWidgets that lets you
quickly and easily program windows style UI.  I'm working on integrating
this into the editor and getting rid of the hand rolled UI that we have
right now.

The UI will be standard windows UI like a regular windows application (copy
and paste will work, there will be menus, file browsing dialogs etc) which
will make using the editor easier and a lot more friendly

Also it will be way quicker and easier for me to add new features to the
editor so that it will stay up to date with features in the game.  Like
right now for instance, bump mapping support is in, but the editor doesn't
let you use it because it's such a pain to add new stuff to the existing
UI :P

It'll be a couple weeks minimum til it's ready to see but I just wanted to
let you guys know I did some research and it's going to be totally possible
to make this happen (: