[project1dev] Re: Ceiling Trap Design Question

  • From: "eric" <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 20:01:59 +0000

It is ok w/ me
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 13:16:55
To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [project1dev] Ceiling Trap Design Question

In order to cut back on complexity, script functions, and artwork I propose
the following change:

In stead of the floor opening up beneath the player dropping them to a
sub-floor and having them walk out the room via a hidden and otherwise
inaccessible passage way

If player fails to solve any puzzles to get out of the room in time when the
ceiling comes down on the player the screen goes black, room resets, and the
player is transported out into the previous hallway.

This removes the following tasks:
Creating a script that stops the ceilng, opens the floor, and drops the
player through.
Creating scripts for room entrances/exits, and hidden doors that open only
if certain criteria are met (ie: not solving puzzles)
Creating art and models for sub-floor, hallway, and design concepts

It also helps optimize because much larger floor models may be used since
the floor will no longer have to open up to drop the player down to the
sub-floor.

Any arguments against this case or may I go ahead with removing the
sub-floor and additional hallways?