Re: wxDesigner

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:18:32 +0200

Hi Marlon,

I've searched with Google for the name of the program and I visited the first page that was found. And I downloaded it from there.

The program is made with WxWidgets and the menus and most of the controls are perfectly accessible. I have found that it can create dialogs, menus, sizers, controls and toolbars, and there is also a wizard that can create a base application that run the created components, and it also creates a status bar.

The controls can be placed, moved, deleted using a standard and accessible tree view.

The created source code is not very nice because it uses names of variables like $item0, $item1, so the program cannot be used for creating whole applications. It is very helpful though for learning WxPerl, or WxPython or programming in general with WxWidgets in perl, python, C, or C#. And the created dialogs, menus and controls can be then inserted in other applications created with other editors.

The program also has a source code editor, but that control is not accessible at all. We can select all the text from it and then paste it into another editor.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>