Re: using java on command line in windows

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:40:01 -0500

Hi jay -- thanks for the note -- so you're saying run java -classpath
"whatever" program.java
I am kind of taking the hacker's approach to learning java. I am learning
enough to do what I want, but I think reading the tutorial to get a better
picture of the language is better. I have resorted to copying my files to
the java bin and compiling them there...
Question: I have a JNI file with a single class declaration containing
private native function prototypes copied from a C header file. Shouldn't
this compile to a jar file?oops -- I discovered the problem -- I typed java
instead of javac...

But it gives 100 errors.  I have a question: does java support any form of
typedefs? I have a typedef that is used throughout the 2 headers I am
translating.  It is a system dependent type.
but javac barfs on the word "typedef". So what can I use instead?
Also, the code uses enums. They would be easy to translate to private final
static variables, or whatever he said, but the type names used for the enums
are used in all the function declarations.
I would like to preserve this.

So can you give advice?
Ok back to the tutorial. Perhaps I will find the answers shortly but I
thought I'd ask.
Thanks and good luck on your project.
--le