Re: using JS debugger in Internet Explorer?

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 22:29:52 -0500

In IE8 tools menu, Internet options, advance tab menu.
Arrow down to disable script debugging, disable script debugging other off and display notification about every script error on.
That will give you the errors and lines they are at.
You might want to change them back when done, because there are a lot of commercial pages that are very buggy.

At 01:51 PM 12/4/2009, you wrote:
Hi all,
I have a js program that is giving me some odd errors. A sighted friend looked at it and, to my surprise, was able to give me a line number where the code was not working. I then remembered that IE, the main browser for which this js program is intended, has a debugger for javascript, but I have never been able to use it. Is there a way, using ie8 and jaws10, to use this tool? If so, how would I start? Thanks!

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx

Tim