security execptions with img tag from local machine

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:46:25 -0400

Hi all,
When loading an image through js to a page from the user's computer, I am getting the following exception (I have a try catch block):

[exception... "security error" code: "1000" NSResult: "0x805303e8 (NS_error_dom_security_err)" location: "file://\c:/users/crickette/desktop/upload.html line: 31"] in addpic(): undefined

This means that all the stuff before "addpic(): is the exception, and only the "undefined" part is the error description; my catch looks like this:
catch(err){
alert(err+? in addpic(): "+err.description);

Thanks for any help; I have never seen anything with security exceptions when working with webpages. Oh, the path in the error is just the path to my html file, with the js embeded in it, not in its own file.

Have a great day,
Alex