question about web-based images

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:28:11 -0400

I am supposed to write a web-based way to upload pictures to a site, divided into albums. I have a few questions before I start this, and keep in mind I am doing it for free: 1. Many sites, like Kodak.com or Flickr.com, have a setup where mini pictures, like large thumbnails, are shown on the page. Can the server resize images from the originals to show those mini images? If so, how (what language is best, I know more php than any other). 2. Is there an easy way to link to the large images from the small ones? Depending on the answer to the first question, is this just a link to another image or is it a call to a resize function of some kind? 3. Is there a wa of securing the page? I have worked with php's $_SESSION vars, but have not quite gotten it to work very well. Thanks for any help here! I will not be starting this for about a month, but I would still like to get the easy stuff, like the basic page setup and such, out of the way in my spare time.

Have a great day,
Alex