Re: programmingblind Digest V3 #123

  • From: "Jeffrey Fidler" <jfiddler2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 12:23:34 -0400

Hello.  Concerning the following:

===== begin message thread =====

Is the following title="Add To List" a valid html argument? Is it somehow related to CSS and valid in the <div> tag?

title="Add to list" class="mycart-add-button">

===== end message thread =====

The title attribute is a valid (X)HTML attribute, but should probably not be thought of as an argument (i.e. a variable or value passed into an executable piece of code like a function or method) but rather as a property of an object (i.e. in this case, a div element object).

The title attribute is a general purpose (X)HTML attribute and can be given a string of character(s) as a value on any (X)HTML attribute that can be properly contained within the <body></body> container element object.

The (X)HTML title attribute is not related to CSS.

As an additional piece of information, the tabindex attribute is not supported in this code sample. The <div></div> element will not accept a tabindex property.

Hope this helps!

- Jeff

From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Accessible iso to dvd burner for XP
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 01:04:53 -0700

nice on ken! lol
the elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
----- Original Message ----- From: Ken Perry
From: "Bob Kennedy"<bobken54@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Accessible_iso_to_dvd_burner_?=
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 06:31:49 -0400

At this point I'm just happy I can say better gray than nay.
----- Original Message ----- From: The Elf

------------------------------

From: "Ricks Place" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Is title= a valid html div or span argument?
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:39:28 -0400

Is the following title="Add To List" a valid html argument? Is it somehow related to CSS and valid in the <div> tag?
title="Add to list"
class="mycart-add-button"

Thanks:
Rick USA

------------------------------

Subject: Visual studio 2008 console applications
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:29:23 -0400
From: "DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>

I wrote one; got it to compile with no errors, ran it and found out
something is incorrect in the uac information in terms of configuration
so the program doesn't run.  Had Microsoft been smart, it would have put
a checkbox in the properties for an application that had to be checked
if you wanted any xml stuff to be generated.  All the stuff in that uac
information panel is connected to xml and if you didn't learn to
configure that correctly, you may as well not do anything with Microsoft
development tools.  If I'm lucky stuff won't be so broken visual studio
has to be reinstalled, but we'll find that out next week.  Fortunately I
wrote the steps down to get to create a console application so I'll be
able to reproduce them.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>

------------------------------

From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is title= a valid html div or span argument?
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 00:01:49 -0500

Title="whatever" should be valid. It only gives a title -- like an alt tag -- to that div element. I don't know if it is related to the css used in that div. I notice the odd class attribute. That one I am not sure is valid without seeing your css.
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: Ricks Place
Is the following title="Add To List" a valid html argument? Is it somehow related to CSS and valid in the <div> tag?
 title="Add to list"
 class="mycart-add-button"

 Thanks:
 Rick USA