Re: need advice

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:37:01 -0400

The WebPlatformInstaller will give you allot but it is a complicated install
with allot of modules. You need to be experienced enough to understand what you
are installing and how to use it. If you are not familiar with Visual Studio,
Visual Web Developer, SqlServer and IIS you should not tackle that package.
Uninstalling it might get pretty messy as well.
Do a little googling on the WebPlatformInstaller and the word problems
installing to see if you think you have the background to have any problems
just getting it all installed and configured.
If you can do it it should be a really nice solution but there is allot to
using it.
Why are you leaving the Linux environment if you have it already up and running?
Rick USA