moving page numbers around using regular expressions

  • From: "Dean Martineau" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 13:52:14 -0700

I'm trying to use EdSharp to take a document consisting of a book with page
numbers at the bottom of each page and move those numbers to the top.
Hence, I'm using the .net regular expression syntax, though I don't think
I'm doing anything syntax-specific.

I can use a string, (.+\n\n)+(\d+)\n\n\f
 To locate page numbers at the bottom of pages, and this works, but I can't
seem to devise a search and replace sequence that puts the page number at
the top of the correct page.  Perhaps I need to use lookahead or lookbehind,
which I don't understand.  It seems like something like this should be
possible, but I can't quite get it done.  I will appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

Dean