Re: making a QT application accessible

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 08:37:13 -0400

I'm told by a friend who is a serious GNU/Linux accessibility insider that QT,
in its latest beta, includes support for an accessibility API. I am guessing
but I'd bet that it is the GNOME Accessibility API which may or may be easy to
support on other platforms. If it is possible to make QT accessible, the app
then needs to follow the standard for making its controls and such accessible.

No one seems to entirely understand why Nokia bought QT. I don't think they
care much about the KDE desktop which is probably  the most important software
based on QT.

cdh