Re: light weight imbedded database for .net?

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:07:23 -0500 (EST)

I agree that Firebird documentation is lacking.  There is a version of
SQLite for .NET that continues to be developed and seeks to be a full
implementation of ADO.NET 2.0, available at
http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com

I think this is the best choice at this time because a command-line access
client is also available for SQLite databases, which works well with
speech in console mode.  The other embedded database worth considering
(without a command-line option yet) is SQL Server Compact Edition,
available at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/compact/default.mspx

Both these databases also have design components that integrate with
Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.

I have done example "fruit basket" programs with these databases,
available respectively at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/db_fruit.zip
and
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/ssce_fruit.zip