highlighting text in gui for screenreaders?

  • From: "Alex Hall" <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:51:31 -0400

Hi all,
I know that highlighting text will make most screen readers read that text immediately; this principle is how Lone Wolf from GMA Games works. I am trying to do this; I have a GUI with just a label in it, and I want to change that label to force jaws to speak its text. The idea is that you can arrow around a grid; that is working, but I want to use the highlighting of the label to make jaws speak what is on each grid square by changing the label to the grid square's text and then, somehow, having jaws see the change and read it. I hope this makes sense. I am using Autoit, the latest version. Thanks!

Have a great day,
Alex
New email address: mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx