hardware and software design from the ground up

  • From: "Lamar Upshaw" <lupshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:46:38 -0700

What I'd like to do is custome design a specific hardware device, and then write the software to bring this new device to life. The hardware is a communications device, based on the walky talky, using the standard walky talky channels permitted in the US. The software driving it will be for alot more than just opening and closing radio channels, but will also allow certain keys on the device to operate as softkeys, and many other things. My question is, where do I start, with the hardware design, or the software design? Also, is C++ still the optimum language to use when programming custome designed hardware?

With All Respect,
Upshaw, Lamar T