google

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 06:50:44 -0500

Hi all -- I have gotten nowhere with google captcha, except by just renewing
the captcha repeatedly until one comes along that I can hear the audio on.
But that is not what I'm concerned about.  I had a google account at one
point that I used for some leisure things, but haven't logged onto it in
over a year, however I thought I knew the password until last week, when
nothing I tried worked.
So I went through the captcha nonsense until I finally resorted to
exchanging email with google help desk directly.  They sent me to a page to
fill out to reclaim an account.  I filled it out several times, giving more
info each time as I could, but they say their collected research isn't
enough to release the account. The problem is that I moved and my original
alternate address in North Carolina is now defunct, so they don't know me
now.
Anyway, does anyone have any insights how google works to verify a person?
(I guess if people knew that then there might be a loss of security.) I can
appreciate valuing security of accounts, but in this case, it's my account.
Any help that leads to success is much appreciated.
Thanx.
--le