Re: free and accessible vb compiler?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:43:36 -0300

Hello Alex,
You can do it in java, indeed ... you asked about key hooks and you
got a response. Java can also manage sounds, you just need to research
it. Programmers are always trying to do what nobody already did, so
they are always researching and trying things. If programmers did what
was already there then they would not be needed because what have
already been done is done. So far, the main required hability of a
programmer is not its techniccal aspect, because one can always learn
a new language and such. The main required hability is its hability of
researching and figuring out a way of doing what is needed to be done.
So far, if you need to do it in java, go and do it in java because
it's what you have to do. And java, as a advansed language it is, will
certainly allow a relatively easy project like your game to be done
with no problems. I think probably if you're going to work with
programming one day you will have a task and you won't be allowed to
say a, it can't be done using this language, so I will switch to that
other I have heard is good for doing this.
You can get hungry with me and others here for giving you these
advices, and personally if you don't like them you just drop me a
letter and I am not gonna follow with them, but again the right way to
go may be not as easy and the easier way to go can make your learning
almost unusefull if you don't follow and acomplish your tasks.
hth
Marlon

free."
Linus Torvalds