dying a million deaths

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:49:22 -0500

    Hi all -- a few questions trying to figure out why my system keeps
giving me the blue screen of death. Maybe someone else has had a similar
problem and can help me troubleshoot.

I have made several changes over the past few days -- I installed jaws
10.0.1142, upgraded from 10.0.592 or something like that.
I installed a brailiant 80 braille display which is working, so well in fact
that it won't stop working even when I tell jaws not to use a display.
I installed itunes and emusic downloader, which is probably not the problem
unless it contained malware, as I don't use it except when I download music.

Ok, those are the changes to my system.  I typically leave the computer on
but in standby mode when I'm away, which has always worked before, for
indefinite periods of time. But now when I go into standby, when I return
after a short absence, I have the login screen, and once I'm logged on, I
have a fatal error report to send to Microsoft.  I usually don't send it,
but tonight I did and Microsoft says it is the result of a failure in a
driver, device or related software, and it could not give me any more
information. (Thank you Microsoft...*frowny*)

The brailliant display drivers have always worked fine on my other
computers.  The other software is new.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

And by the way, how do I turn off braille in jaws? When I go to the braille
options I select no-display, which I thought meant no braille. But as I said
it keeps operating the display, even if I unload and reload jaws.

TIA all.
--le