c++ questions

  • From: Haden Pike <haden.pike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:34:25 -0500

Hi all. Very soon, I am going to have to start working in c++ for school. As I have about 2 weeks off school right now, and nothing better to do, I thought I'd start my travels down the road of c++. I have a few questions.

1. What are header files? I see these used in a lot of source code, but can't figure out what they do.

2. I also find makefiles in all of the source code I have looked at? What exactly do these do.

3. Are there any good cross-platform gui libraries for c++?

I know these are pretty beginner like questions, but well, that's exactly what I am. Thanks for any help.
Haden