Re: a request for someone to write a small utility program

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:13:41 -0800

Just use QuickMX at http://quickmx_team.tripod.com/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chip Orange
  To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 1:38 PM
  Subject: a request for someone to write a small utility program

  Hi all,

  This is a request for someone to write a small utility program.

  Many of us in vista, and likely in xp also, have found ourselves switching
between audio devices (usually by just plugging in a USB headset, or switching
to a bluetooth headset), and back again to our built-in audio card.

  Somewhere along the way the switch can leave us with no default audio output
device, or perhaps with the volume turned all the way down, or the speakers
muted, but what essentially happens is that this switching can leave us with no
audio at all, and we don't have braille displays!

  Could someone write a program that we could run, which would set the default
sound device back to the built-in audio card, unmute it, and set the volume to
50%?

  If knowing what the proper built-in audio device is, maybe the programs
initial setup could save that info somewhere (it the registry or in it's own
.ini file)?

  That would get many blind people out of a tough situation, which is getting
worse as all these alternate sound output devices become more and more a part
of our lives.

  thanks for any help.

  Chip

  Chip Orange
  Database Administrator
  Florida Public Service Commission

  Chip.Orange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (850) 413-6314

  No viruses found in this incoming message
  Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.5.5
  http://www.iolo.com