Re: a couple quick c# questions.

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:59:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hope you got my other message.  .NET has no native shutdown method based
on my searches.  However, the web page I referenced includes a link to an
article with API wrappers to do this from .NET.  If you are going to wrap
API calls, however, I would think that a native Win32 language is a better
choice (e.g., C++) -- unless you're just talking about a small part of the
application.  One of the objectives of .NET is to shield developers from
the Win32 API and its complexities.

It is possible to write a console mode application with .NET classes
and methods.  An example is the dual mode fruit basket program I did
at
http://EmpowermentZone.com/dm_fruit.zip

If an application has a console window, then I think it has to be a
console executable at heart -- there is no way to close that window
completely (without possibly tricky work-arounds that would be
inadvisable).  A console executable can launch a GUI window as well
though.

 Jamal