Re: XAMPP - Getting Stuff Working

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:01:34 -0400

Jim,

I don't actually recall having to modify apache for PHPMyAdmin. But, it has been a while since I set it up.

You will need to follow the installation directions for PHPMySQL. This probably will require modifying a configuration file and providing at the least the username and password for your mySQL server installation that came as part of xAMPP.

Assuming that your xAMPP is setup correctly you should be able to access PHPMySQL through a web browser.

For example:

If your web root is set to C:\web and if you installed PHPMySQL in C:\web\phpmysql then you should be able to access it using

http://localhost/phpmysql/

HTH,
Everett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>