Virus Alert

  • From: "Eunice Klicker" <cattleya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:33:57 -0500

Hi All,

Got this message this morning, and thought I should try to help get it out to
as many as possible.

Eunice
---
  Hi All,
  I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!

  I checked snopes.com, this morning ( 2/04/2008 ) and it is for real!!

  Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

  PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

  You should be alert during the next few days.  Do not open any message with
an attachment entitled "POSTCARD," regardless of who sent it to you.  It is a
virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your
computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address
in his/her contact list.  This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail
  to all your contacts.  It is better to receive this message 25 times than to
receive the v irus a nd open it.

  If you receive a mail called" POSTCARD," even though sent to you by a friend,
do not open it.! This includes all cards, too. Shut down your computer
immediately.

  This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft
as the most destructive virus ever.  This virus was discovered by McAfee
yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.  This virus
simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information
is kept.

  COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO
THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

  http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp