Re: VB What To Get?

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:11:34 -0400

Hi Jim. That page might be old.
Try this from a prior post.
Here is a URL where you can still get a copy of the Express 2008 modules with
SP1
.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f3fbb04e-92c2-4701-b4ba-92e26e408569&displaylang=en
Watch out, the long url wrapps.
You can go to the page and cursor down to :
Files in This Download
The links in this section correspond to separate files available in this
download.
Download the files most appropriate for you.
File Name:
File Size
vbsetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
Note, The above is for Visual Basic. I am not sure if it knows whether you are
running
a 32 bit machine or a 64
bit machine but I believe it is for a 32 bit machine.
vcsetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
The Above is for CSharp.
vcssetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
The Above is for CPlusPlus I think.
vwdsetup.exe
2.6 MB
Download
The Above is for VWD, Visual Web Developer which is a good thing to have.
Top of page
What I do is just download the installer to a download file. Then I left click
it
and walk through the installation process so I don't have to go back to the
Webpage
if I have to cancel it for any reason. Also, note that while the installation is
running it will tell you that the Download is done and you can now disconnect
from
the internet. Do not be fooled. It will need to run for several minutes after
that,
perhaps 10 or more minutes, until it is actually done. so just watch it and You
will
get a message after 10 to 15 minutes, or perhaps less, telling you it is
successfully
installed. Then you can look for it in your Start Menu as I will mention in my
first
article on setting up the IDE for Accessibility. If you use JAWS you need to get
the Scripts from Enthanes or Jamals website and install them after you have
Vb.net
installed.
Then watch for the First Tutorial on the WinformBasics Project likely coming out
tomorrow.
  Rick USA