Using regular TCP sockets from a VBScript program

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:13:12 -0500

I want to be able to communicate with a TCP sockets based application from a
vbscript program. I need to be able to both send and receive data over a socket
connection. This is a fairly simple task in most languages like java, C# or
even Autoit. However, it doesn't seem as straightforward in VBScript or JScript
without adding some third-party COM object. Am I just missing something here?