Re: Text Adventure Resources, (Was: Is there a program that will let me create text adventures?)

  • From: Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:57:06 +0300

Hi alex,
I think true Role Playing is quite different from text adventures. In it
the focus is on people actually role playing and the parser does not
have to be as smart as in IF in general. If there's even a human game
master, that makes it all the less computer centric.

In my original post I assumed you ment only text adventures played
locally. I'm not aware of any MUDs being implemented on top of Tads or
Inform. They are mostly single player, turn based systems.

In my criticism of PHP I didnt mean you could not write mighty things
with it. Wikipedia runs on PHP, I believe. What I ment was that the
language is not very well thought out, as a whole.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila