RE: Test version of System Access for 64-bit computers

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:02:20 -0400

Where does one get a 64 bit Vista?  How much does it cost?

Chris Hofstader
CUNY, BSO, ATG, Odds and Ends
email: cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://www.blindconfidential.blogspot.com
Skype: BlindChristian
phone: 727-896-6393

From: Matt Campbell

Help us test System Access on 64-bit Windows

The latest System Access 3.0 build at dev.satogo.com now supports
64-bit versions of Windows. If you have access to a machine running a
64-bit version of Windows, or if you can set one up, we encourage you
to visit http://dev.satogo.com/ and put SA through its paces in this
new environment.

If you want to set up a machine with 64-bit Windows, you will need
one of the following: a 64-bit capable PC with no OS on it (or
nothing you want to keep), a 64-bit capable PC with enough hard disk
space that you can set up a dual-boot configuration, or an
Intel-based Mac with the VMware Fusion software. In the second case,
you'll also need a disk partitioning tool such as PartitionMagic to
make room for the 64-bit Windows installation. In the third case,
you'd set up 64-bit Windows in a virtual machine on the Mac. In any
case, you'll also need a 64-bit Windows Vista installation DVD.
Finally, unless you can figure out how to set up an unattended
installation of Vista, you'll need sighted help to do the installation.

As always, we appreciate thorough testing and feedback. Consumer PC's
with 64-bit Windows installations are already shipping, so we need to
make sure SA works well in this environment.

database 3521 (20081014) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 3521 (20081014) __________

http://www.eset.com