Re: Sending SMS's via code components/objects

  • From: Jacques Bosch <jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:22:46 +0200

Jacob. I have written a complete communication portal for sending
emails and/or SMSs to communities or groups. Only South African cell
networks supported at the moment.
If you want, drop me a private mail and I can create a demo login for you.

Alternatively, if you want something custom, or just want to send SMS
to a few of your own contacts from your PC, I could hook you up with
the service provider I use. Very easy to use and reasonable SMS
charges

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While I know there are some providers out there that provide a sort of
> e-mail service, which lets you send a message to someone's phone by sending
> an email to something like 12345678912@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, they don't all
> work that way, so it's most likely rather specific to network
> areas/providers, etc., but just wondering off-hand how you would otherwise
> try something like sending a text message to someone's phone, either using
> something like a sim card plugged into phone, or however...?
>
> This is in C# etc., since know could easily enough do it off the phone using
> python, but not sure how would initiate the process, unless did something
> like (and this might be a bit insane) initiate something like a bluetooth
> connection to a python app running on the handset, waiting for a connection,
> and then sending a message from there...?
>
> Stay well
> Jacob Kruger
> Blind Biker
> Skype: BlindZA

Jacques Bosch

Software Architecture and Development
Independent Contractor
Cell: +27 824711807 Fax: +27 86 504 4726
E-Mail: jfbosch@xxxxxxxxx