Re: Scripting with Window-Eyes and Homer Layout

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:02:16 +0300

Jaws offers the possibility of using only the arrow keys, with absolutely no need of using the num pad keys which is not the case of Window Eyes.

I don't know who made the relevant poll and take the conclusion that the Jaws users like the num pad, but I would like to see its results if they are available.

Anyway, the important thing is that Window Eyes doesn't offer the possibility of using only the arrow keys, like Jaws does.

This is the most important reason I don't use Window Eyes.
I don't even know if there are other reasons, because this is very enough.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:16:56 +0300
From: Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, but the biggest issue of Window Eyes is still not solved by this
script.
It still requires to use the num pad.

The other things doesn't matter if this is not solved, because it doesn't
allow using the same keys as with Jaws.

Octavian