SSH clients, terminal emulators, secureCRT, help needed

  • From: William Grussenmeyer <wdgrussenmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 01:25:14 +0000

Hello,

I am a new graduate student in computer science at CSUS (csus.edu) and I am
looking for a good ssh client that works with jaws and will allow me to remote
into linux servers and virtual machines that allow me to use emacs -nw.  I am
using JAWS in windows 7.  I have attempted to use SecureCRT (with their demo)
but JAWS is not echoing text as I use the emacs alternative point movement keys
like alt f and ctrl c.  The point is moving properly and the keys are working
but jaws is not speaking the character or word as I move the point.  I found
some scripts that help with getting audio feedback but they are not helping
with emacs at all.  Is anyone else out there using secureCRT with JAWS and
emacs -nw or is someone out there using something else to use emacs remotely?

Thanks,

William Grussenmeyer