RE: Resource files

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:15:24 -0700

I think you will find it hard to do by hand because the information is not
easily available.  If it is I just haven't found it.  Not only that but the
microsoft resource compiler forces some things to be done just so or it
won't work.    The following page explains this better and gives some
references.

http://winprog.org/tutorial/resources.html

I how ever was able to do this using the GoAsm resource compiler which is
made to replace the Microsoft one you can use it with Microsoft c++ but I
used it with GoAsm.  Anyway if you search for GoAsm you can find his
tutorial on RC files as well.  I wish you good luck and if you find any
awesome documents on Rc files make sure to post them.

Ken

  _____