Re: Python discard extra information

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:51:50 -0500

Hi,
I tested the method you gave me and unfortunately I didn't have the
django.utils library installed by default. Your solution did help me
though, because for some reasn the word string stuck out at me this
time. Why it didn't before, why I refused to treat the result like a
string in the first place, I will never know. But finally, your message
made it click. So, I treated it like a string, a string in which the
beginning and the end, assuming all goes well, are the same. Now, I have
what I needed, the result without having to install non-default
libraries, at least I hope anyway. Here's the program in it's working
state:
import urllib
text = "hello, how are you today?"
languageCode = 'es'
newText =
urllib.urlopen("//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/services/language/translate?v=1.0&q=";
 + urllib.quote(text) + "&langpair=en|" + urllib.quote(languageCode)).read()
newText = newText[36:-51]
print newText

thanks so much everyone for all the help
Storm

--
Follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/stormdragon2976