Problems compiling liblouis on Windows

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 22:01:20 -0500

I am producing configuration files and Makefiles so that anyone can
compile liblouis and liblouisutdml on Windows with only msvc. Currently
I am having a problem, because the compiler insists on including
references to uuid.ib and libcmt.lib when I compile liblouis. The latter
is a multithreading library. liblouis is not multithreaded, and these
library rerferences cause trouble at link time. I've tryed using
/NODEFAULTLIBRARY:LIBCMT.LIB as an option to cl, but it doesn't make any
difference.

I also have Visual Studio 2010 Express. How does Jaws 12 work with it/
If scripts are necessary, where can I get them? I've been told that
Visual Studio can output Makefiles that can be used with msvc. How do i
get this output?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.