Planning A Database

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:04:03 -0500

Hi,
I got the book called Database Design For Mere Mortals. I liked it because it
doesn't use jargon. It advocates planning the database as much as possible
before you build it.

Here's my question. Can you plan as you go? I'm asking because I'm not sure
that I can figure out what all I need in my database. The learning curve is so
steep that I'd like to break it down into small parts that I can bite off.
Besides, the database is just for me, so I don't think I want to create the
loads of documentation they advocate you create in the book. Does anyone have
guiding thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810
Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog

for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have