My CD_LabelMaker program

  • From: "Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:15:55 -0500

Hi Listers,

I'm working on the function that will make sure that a visuall-impaired user
does not try to print text outside the label's circumnference, and I hit a snag.

In C++ what is the function or operator that will return the square root of a
value?

I'm using the theorem of Pythagorus to get the length of the hypotenuse from
the length of the other 2 sides of a right-angled triangle.  All the resources
I have on my PC have failed to reveal to me how to get the length of the
hypotenuse from the area of the square on it.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

I've decided that the documentation of my program will include an
acknowledgement of the help I've received from this and another programmers'
list.

All the best.

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,