Making dlls: was Re: Easy install of Visual Studio 2010 Express Editions, and a call for evaluations

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:55:34 -0600

Thanks for the reassurance about cl.exe. Now how about making dlls at
the command line.

The situation is this: The work is actually for liblouis and
liblouisutdl, which will be used as native libraries in the Java-encoded
BrailleBlaster project. We have been trying to use MinGW-msys, but it
has been very troublesome. I want to explore the Microsoft compilers as
an alternate. I will have a directory containing a bunch of C modules. I
want to combine them into a dll. What additional files do I have to
create? What should be in the nmake file? Can I specify 32 or 64 bit
compilation?

John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com