RE: Mac python programming

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 00:32:41 -0500

Oh one more thing Dave.  I was planning to replace the main function part
with a socket loop that would take from the stdin and from a tcip socket
like the protocol says I just wanted to make sure the simple stuff worked
first.  I didn't see a character speak method in NSSpeechSynthesizer either
did you?  If not this his how I would add the function to that script I just
sent you to speak a character...  If you add this right after the tts_say
function this will make

Ttsserver l <character>

Work.

#l c for speaking characters
def l(text):
    voice = NSSpeechSynthesizer.defaultVoice()
    speech = NSSpeechSynthesizer.alloc().initWithVoice_(voice)
    speech.setDelegate_(SpeechDelegate.alloc().init())
    speech.startSpeakingString_(text)
funcs['l']=l