KeySoft and Braille Sense Checkbook progress

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:36:04 -0700

Hi folks,
Few progress reports with the checkbook project for notetakers:
Dan Greene, the author of EZ Money for old bNS family, has graciously
offered the C language source code for his program - so that I, Alex and
others can modernize it and transform it into the language that we use - C++
(my case), Python (Alex) and so forth. Eventually, we plan to port this over
to KeySoft and HIMS shell interface (provided that SDK is announced). At
this stage, we plan to have a console type program that'll emulate running
the program under specific PDA.
So, the first stage: Is there any accessible or free C to C++/Python
converters out there, and second, are there any programmers out here who
knows the inner workings of BNS architecture and help us modernize the
program code to work with modern architectures such as Braille Sense plus,
BrailleNote and so forth?
For Ken: I have left out PAC Mate series since FS has already converted
Checkbook into Excel Mobile spreadsheet with formulas embedded into it.
Thanks for your considerations.
Cheers,
Joseph (UCR)