RE: Jaws with ISPF and mainframe programming?

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:47:32 -0500

Eric,

Haven't seen some of the replies to this (have been trying to clean up my
folder from all the mess recently). I might suggest taking a look at your
terminal display settings. Often, this can help with Jaws or window-Eyes.
Playing with the shape and blinking state of the cursor can make a big
difference. Usually setting the display to a blinking cursor with an i-beam
shape (if that is an option) is helpful in allowing Jaws to correctly track the
cursor movements. I used to have some Jaws scripts for doing such things as
reading hex data properly and so on as well but haven't used them in several
years. If you like, I can try to find my scripts and send them to you. My
emulator was a different vendor; so, you would have to rename the scripts but
hopefully, they would work OK.