Re: Help us make programming by voice possible in Linux

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 07:11:02 -0400

Hi,

While I expressed how FSF/GNU would like to see a multi-purpose dictation
program built, I may have neglected to say that I have RSI pretty bad  in my
hands, wrists, forearms and shoulders. Lately, due to a complete lack of
anything resembling accessible dictation software on Macintosh and having no
Vista or W7 OS installed on the bevy of computers around the house, I pretty
much ignore the pain until it is too bad to continue and then take a fistful of
aspirin or Aliv and go off to making my requisite phone calls and reading audio
books or watching television.

So, please include me in your research as I am a hacker and have tried
programming via voice on Windows and much less success on OSX.

Happy Hacking,
cdh