RE: FruitBasket-MFC try number 2

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:15:20 -0800

I compiled this as a static library so it wouldn't error on another persons
machine.  If I did a bit more work I could make it use the MFC shared
libraries already on your computer.   The problem with the last version I
put out I tried doing it with the mfc shared dll's and didn't include the
dll's.  This is one of the draw backs to MFC true that most all computers
have the MFC runtime libraries on them but you have to do more checking to
see where they are.  Then if they are not their you have to have them with
your program so they can be used.  This is why .net came along now Microsoft
pretty much forces you to have .net on XP and hirer so its not as much of a
problem.  The executable is quite a bit smaller if I compile it to use the
shared library but as you saw before it couldn't find the dll's on your
computer because I made a very basic MFC program that doesn't hunt down your
shared libraries.

Ken
Ken

  _____