Re: Front Page and PHP

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:55:56 -0500

Take a look at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/frontpage/HA011092991033.aspx

The article references Frontpage 2003. If conflicts arise due to your acquaintance using a different version, let me know and I can attempt to find more relevant information.

JW
Peter Donahue wrote:
Hello everyone,

    I have an individual who is responsible for maintaining some pages on a
large Web site that are in HTML. The rest of the site was created with pages
with the .PHP Extension. This individual uses Microsoft Front Page for
editing and maintaining his site pages. I'm not sure which version of Front
Page he currently uses. Since we're wanting to run some components on those
pages which were created using PHP we need to know:

1. Will PHP Code execute if the page on which the component is to run is
created and saved as an HTML Document?

2. Does Front Page support the PHPProgramming Language and can pages be
saved using the .PHP Extension.

    From daveling in to Front Page some years ago I know that it supports
several development platforms such as .ASP, ASP.Net, MYSQL, JavaScript, CGI,
and CSS, but don't know if PHP is also supported. Ideally we're wanting to
convert this section of the Web site to PHP for ease of migration in to the
larger site and to establish ease of navigation, and an appearance common to
all of the site's components. If Front Page supports PHP, and/or allows one
to save their site pages with the .php extension that will remedy this issue
for all concerned. Your help on this issue will be very much appreciated.

Peter Donahue

  "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten"
Joel 2-25