FLOSS Manuals in various formats

  • From: Janet Swisher <jmswisher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:47:00 -0600

Hi folks,

I'm a contributor to the FLOSS Manuals project, and I just joined this
list because the discussion of FLOSS Manuals popped up in my Google
Alerts.

The "Make PDF" button is kind of a lie, because it doesn't actually
make a new PDF. It serves up a PDF if one has been cached on the
server. So whether it works may depend on which book you use it on.

If you are interested in other formats, you might check out this page:
http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/

I'm not sure how accessible that page is, but it calls out to the
Objavi publishing engine to generate FLOSS Manuals books in a variety
of formats, including PDF, HTML, ODF, and ePub. ("Objavi" or
"Ob-YAH-vee" is Croatian for "publish").

Hope that helps,
Janet