Dialog boxes desperately require help

  • From: "Roger Woolgrove" <rawoolgrove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Java blind programming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:30:31 +0100

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to java though I think I've got a fair grounding.  However, I am
running into problems with dialog boxes.  I've been using someone else's
libraries to create dialog boxes and that's fair enough.  However, when it
comes to creating my own I will not be able to use someone else's as their
software is copyrighted.  So what I'm struggling with is the code to create my
own.

Thus far I've been using a static method or methods of a class that is
copyrighted to make a request, request with supplied default answer, confirm
and alert.

I've searched and searched for examples of created dialog boxes but to no
avail.  So, could anyone assist me.  If you could supply a project folder with
the classes inside which would allow me to create the appropriate dialog box
with a simple invocation of a static method, that would be great.  If you could
also give me a little guidance as to how to use the dialogs, just in case that
would be excellent.

I've been stuck with this for weeks and am now confounded as to what to do.

Many thanks

roger