Re: CreateWindow and ControlID

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:23:57 -0400 (EDT)

I think CreateWindow has a structure parameter that includes the control
ID.  I do not know how to use that function, but a program can set the
ID number of one of its controls at runtime by calling the SetWindowLong
function of the Win32 API.  Below is the declaration for this function
in PowerBASIC (which can be translated for another language), followed
by the constant designating the control ID attribute of a window:

Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "USER32.DLL" Alias "SetWindowLong"
(ByVal hWnd As Dword, ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal lNewLong As Long) As
Long

GWL_ID = -12

Thus, to set the control ID to 101 of a window with a handle in the
variable h, the syntax would be

SetWindowLong(h, -12, 101)

Jamal