Re: CSS Styling TreeView

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:54:38 -0400

Hi: You are right. I have been ReWriting all the articles in the series and am
currently working on the one that will use CSS with the ASP.net TreeView
control. I will just set the Display attributes in the Stylesheet and set the
other arguments in the VWD Properties Window for the TreeView control. The
Indent Property of the various Node types ie. RootNode, ParentNode, LeafNode,
HoverNode, and SelectedNode must be set in the Properties for the control. This
is because the standard TreeView renders as a set of nested tables and is
PreStructured based on the DataSource it is bound to. It would, indeed, require
some complicated JavaScript to ReStructure the TreeView after it has been
rendered so I will not do that in the Series.
If you are trying to follow the posts know the articles are being reviewed by
Marv. He is a really, um, beginner so to speak. If he can follow an article and
implement it I will call it done. So, they are changing until I have a finished
set of articles and the finished articles will be posted up on Bill's Blind
Geeks Website after he gets the new site up.
There is allot of things I have removed and added in the various articles so
the ones you might be looking may bear little resemblance to the finished
product. Consider the ones I am posting as e-mail attachments as alpha versions
at best.
Thanks for the heads up though. I did think I could work around the CSS
problems but will not be digging into the complex JavaScript and decoding the
MS nested DOM references any time soon - grin. It is unnecessary and there are
better tools for using pure css if that is what is really wanted. I am thinking
of the CSS Friendly ToolKit or things may change in VS 2010 when it comes out
in a few months.
Rick USA